Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 35 mins Yields: 6 servings
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook in boiling salted water until done. Drain.
- While still warm combine spaghetti with eggs and parmesan. Pour into a well greased 10 inch pie plate and pat mixture up and around sides with a spoon.
- Melt butter, add onion and saute until limp. Stir in sour cream and spoon over spaghetti.
- Remove sausage from casing, crumble and cook in skillet until done.
- Drain. Add tomato paste and water. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Spoon sausage on top of sour cream mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Arrange mozzarella on top and return to oven until cheese melts.